Cinematoraphy ASUS Mini PC ProArt PA90: a tiny workstation PC for content creators

Thảo luận trong 'ENGLISH' bắt đầu bởi Jose Antunes, 7/1/19.

Lượt xem: 599

1. Jose Antunes

Jose Antunes Guest

[​IMG]

Don’t let its size fool you! The ASUS Mini PC ProArt PA90 represents a new series of compact, workstation-class PCs offering power and performance for content creators.

The new ASUS Mini PC ProArt PA90 is not just a good looking computer to have on your desktop. Under the small form-factor and tiny case ASUS has built a powerful, fast and stable machine offering unique performance for designers and content creators. It’s not hard to believe, looking at the specifications, that this desktop PC will deliver, but before we continue let me state that this is the ideal desktop machine to go with a monitor similar to the Samsung Space Monitor also introduced at CES 2019. It’s not hard to imagine a desktop free of clutter, with this elegant tower and such a monitor.

Now that I’ve shared with readers what I would like my desktop to look like, let’s look at what the ASUS Mini PC ProArt PA90 brings to the table. The company says this is a workstation-class PCs in a compact form, and that’s where things really get interesting. We usually think of workstation-class machines as monsters that need extra space around them. Not this one! The dimensions are 176 x 176 x 365 mm (WxDxH), so it’s amazing to read about the power hidden inside the shell.

[​IMG]

Video and photo editing

Powered by the latest 9th Generation Intel Core i9 and Core i7 processors, which provide up to 30% better performance than the previous generation, the Mini PC ProArt PA90 ensures smooth and responsive processing for content creators multitasking with the most demanding applications and working on complex projects.

With up to 64GB of high-speed 2666MHz DDR4 memory, the ASUS Mini PC ProArt PA90 is equipped with NVIDIA Quadro workstation-grade graphics, which enable stunning visuals and accelerate content-creation workflows for designers who perform graphically intensive tasks, such as video and photo editing or 3D real-time photorealistic rendering. The NVIDIA Quadro graphics on Mini PC ProArt PA90 are also independent software vendor (ISV) certified to ensure that they deliver the best performance, stability and experience when working with a wide range of applications.

Designers who regularly work with demanding applications, high-resolution video files and 2D and 3D graphics need high-performance hardware to keep their workflow running at tolerable speeds. The Mini PC ProArt PA90 also features support for Intel Optane technology, which boosts system performance without sacrificing storage capacity.

[​IMG]

A CPU liquid cooler and thermal efficiency

The Mini PC ProArt PA90 also features two Thunderbolt 3 ports, which deliver ultrafast data transfer speeds of up to 40Gbps — fast enough to transfer a full 4K movie in less than 30 seconds. Thunderbolt 3 also supports daisy-chaining multiple devices via a single port, and the small and reversible USB-C connector makes connecting docks, external storage and displays fast and easy. A triple-storage design supports up to two 512GB M.2 PCIe SSDs and one 1TB 2.5-inch HDD to provide the perfect blend of high-speed and high-capacity storage.

[​IMG]

The Mini PC ProArt PA90 is equipped with an all-in-one CPU liquid cooler that unleashes the full performance of the CPU while delivering consistently quiet and stable operation. The liquid cooler also enables a quieter working environment, operating at just 32dB at full CPU load, 36% quieter than average desktop PCs. Furthermore, an innovative ventilation system also helps ensure cool and stable performance. When the CPU temperature rises above 80°C, the top cover of Mini PC ProArt PA90 automatically extends, allowing 38% more airflow into the chassis for optimized thermal efficiency.

The ASUS Mini PC ProArt PA90 will be available in the coming months. Windows 10 Pro is recommended, and the choice of CPU includes the recent Intel Core i9-9900K/i7-9700K processors, and NVIDIA Quadro P4000 and P2000. Pricing and configurations will be announced at launch.

The post ASUS Mini PC ProArt PA90: a tiny workstation PC for content creators appeared first on ProVideo Coalition.