Filmmaking Joe Rogan Book Recommendations: 40 Books Joe Liked

Thảo luận trong 'ENGLISH' bắt đầu bởi Matt, 22/2/19.

Lượt xem: 483

1. Matt

Matt Guest

If you’re a fan of Joe Rogan’s podcast, and his work in a variety of fields, you might be interested in the books he’s read and recommends. Through his diverse career and regular podcast, Joe has met and interviewed people from all sorts of fields and backgrounds. It’s enabled him to learn about all kinds of amazing books and writers. In this article, we’re going to share a list of the Joe Rogan book recommendations – those books that he’s mentioned the most, be it on his podcast, social media or elsewhere.

Where there’s an existing tweet, we’re include his Twitter recommendations here. So if you’re looking for Joe Rogan books, we have just the list for you!

Whether you’re looking for a relaxed nighttime read, or something more academic, we have a whole goldmine of knowledge to share! All Joe Rogan recommended.

Joe Rogan Book Recommendations

Let’s take a look at the books Joe Rogan has read and loved.

The War of Art

@TheLoge It's called "The War of Art" it's a great book about harnessing creativity

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) September 25, 2010

“It’s called “The War of Art” it’s a great book about harnessing creativity.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles

• The War of Art Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
    • Steven Pressfield
    • Publisher: Pressfield, Steven
    • Edition no. 47716 (01/11/2012)
    • Paperback: 192 pages
    $12.95 - $1.29 $11.66
    Buy on Amazon

The Singularity Is Near

Here's another fascinating article on Ray Kurzweil in rolling stone: http://bit.ly/tHhpe I'm reading "The Singularity is Near"

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) January 8, 2010

“I’m reading The Singularity is Near.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology

• Penguin Books
    • Ray Kurzweil
    • Publisher: Penguin Books
    • Paperback: 672 pages
    $24.00 - $3.84 $20.16
    Buy on Amazon

Going Clear

Watching "Going Clear" on @hbogo. Holy fuck is this fascinating. I wanna wake my scientologist neighbor and ask him to him watch it with me.

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) May 6, 2015

“Holy fuck is this fascinating. I wanna wake my scientologist neighbor and ask him to him watch it with me.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief

• Vintage Books
    • Lawrence Wright
    • Publisher: Vintage
    • Edition no. 1 (11/05/2013)
    • Paperback: 560 pages
    $15.95 - $4.96 $10.99
    Buy on Amazon

Best Evidence

"Best Evidence" by David LIfton – incredible RT @ez215: speaking of Kennedy. Can u recomnd a good conspiracy theory book about the shooting?

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) November 20, 2009

“”Best Evidence” by David LIfton speaking of Kennedy. Can u recomnd a good conspiracy theory book about the shooting?”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Best Evidence: Disguise and Deception in the Assassination of John F. Kennedy

• David S. Lifton
    • Publisher: Carroll & Graf
    • Paperback: 755 pages
    $13.95 - $8.21 $5.74
    Buy on Amazon

Tribe

This book by Sebastian Junger is fucking epic. I can't recommend it enough. https://t.co/eegAbbON9L

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) June 10, 2017

“This book by Sebastian Junger is fucking epic. I can’t recommend it enough.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging

• Twelve
    • Sebastian Junger
    • Publisher: Twelve
    • Edition no. 1 (05/24/2016)
    • Hardcover: 192 pages
    $22.00 - $7.05 $14.95
    Buy on Amazon

Food of the Gods

Joe once said this is one of his favorite books during a Q&A session.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution

• Bantam
    • Terence McKenna
    • Publisher: Bantam
    • Edition no. 0 (01/01/1993)
    • Paperback: 311 pages
    $20.00 - $6.41 $13.59
    Buy on Amazon

Coyote America

Had a great time on the podcast today with author Dan Flores. His book Coyote America is amazing! https://t.co/42XQVcaEeb

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) April 6, 2017

“Had a great time on the podcast today with author Dan Flores. His book Coyote America is amazing!”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Coyote America: A Natural and Supernatural History

• Dan Flores
    • Publisher: Basic Books
    • Edition no. 0 (09/05/2017)
    • Paperback: 288 pages
    $16.99 - $5.44 $11.55
    Buy on Amazon

The Book of Five Rings

Musashi has been a constant source of inspiration for me for most of my life. The Book Of Five Rings is, in my opinion, one of the most valuable things anyone has ever written. #Reposthttps://t.co/ambegSsRYM

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) August 16, 2018

“Musashi has been a constant source of inspiration for me for most of my life. The Book Of Five Rings is, in my opinion, one of the most valuable things anyone has ever written.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Book of Five Rings

• The Book of Five Rings
    • Miyamoto Musashi
    • Publisher: Shambhala
    • Edition no. 0 (05/15/2012)
    • Hardcover: 160 pages
    $19.95 - $3.15 $16.80
    Buy on Amazon

Fingerprints of the Gods

@mike_colella Read "Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock. Best book on the subject.

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) March 18, 2011

“Read “Fingerprints of the Gods” by Graham Hancock. Best book on the subject.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Fingerprints of the Gods

• Three Rivers Press CA
    • Graham Hancock
    • Publisher: Three Rivers Press
    • Edition no. 0 (04/02/1996)
    • Paperback: 592 pages
    $22.00 - $7.05 $14.95
    Buy on Amazon

The Happiness Hypothesis

I really can’t recommend this book enough. It’s one of the best and most insightful books I’ve ever read. Jonathan Haidt was a fantastic guest on the podcast and this book is just amazing… https://t.co/2NLO3a2Hvm

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) February 1, 2019

“I really can’t recommend this book enough. It’s one of the best and most insightful books I’ve ever read. Jonathan Haidt was a fantastic guest on the podcast and this book is just amazing for helping you recognize errors in thinking and personal biases that we all experience. It really gets to the roots of what makes people happy and unhappy rather than being some sort of a positive thinking, motivational book. Just outstanding stuff that you can really apply in day to day life.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom

• The bestselling author of The Righteous Mind draws on philosophical wisdom and scientific research...
    • Jonathan Haidt
    • Publisher: Basic Books
    • Edition no. 1 (12/01/2006)
    • Paperback: 320 pages
    $17.99 - $6.44 $11.55
    Buy on Amazon

The Tipping Point

Mentioned this on his podcast with Kyle Kingsbury. Described it as, “It’s really great, really interesting.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference

• Back Bay Books
    • Malcolm Gladwell
    • Publisher: Back Bay Books
    • Paperback: 301 pages
    $17.00 - $7.22 $9.78
    Buy on Amazon

Can’t Hurt Me

This book will change your fucking life. @davidgoggins
    It’s time to go to war with yourself. https://t.co/3e0hZMSn6r

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) December 3, 2018

“This book will change your fucking life. It’s time to go to war with yourself.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds

• David Goggins
    • Publisher: Lioncrest Publishing
    • Hardcover: 364 pages
    $24.99 - $10.00 $14.99
    Buy on Amazon

Extreme Ownership

Jocko Willink is a good friend of Joe’s and he’s appeared on the podcast on more than one occasion. Extreme Ownership focuses on Jocko’s leadership technqiues and teachings.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win (New Edition)

• The runaway New York Times bestseller, now with a new cover, foreword and photo insert!Sent to the...
    • In gripping, firsthand accounts of heroism, tragic loss and hard-won victories in SEAL Team Three's...
    • Jocko Willink, Leif Babin
    • Publisher: St. Martin's Press
    • Edition no. 1 (11/21/2017)
    $27.99 - $13.47 $14.52
    Buy on Amazon

The Selfish Gene

Joe mentions The Selfish Gene in his podcast with Steven Pinker. Although Rogan himself has publicly disagreed with Richard Dawkins in the past, most notably on abortion.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Selfish Gene: 40th Anniversary Edition (Oxford Landmark Science)

• Oxford University Press, USA
    • Richard Dawkins
    • Publisher: Oxford University Press
    • Edition no. 4 (08/01/2016)
    • Paperback: 544 pages
    $15.95 - $1.60 $14.35
    Buy on Amazon

The Case Against Sugar

Fantastic podcast today with Gary Taubes author of "the case against sugar." Seriously mind… https://t.co/NrvHtUeKEJ

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) January 25, 2017

“Fantastic podcast today with Gary Taubes author of “the case against sugar.” Seriously mind blowing information about how sugar consumption is robbing us of our health.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Case Against Sugar

• Gary Taubes
    • Publisher: Anchor
    • Edition no. 0 (12/12/2017)
    • Paperback: 384 pages
    $16.00 - $5.13 $10.87
    Buy on Amazon

Stealing Fire

I had a beautiful run in the rain today while listening to kotler.steven’s “Stealing Fire”. benaskren recommended it to me, and it’s an excellent book on the power of meditation and… https://t.co/DHTIQWDLl1

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) November 29, 2018

“I had a beautiful run in the rain today while listening to @kotler.steven’s “Stealing Fire”. @benaskren recommended it to me, and it’s an excellent book on the power of meditation and alternate states of consciousness on performance.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Stealing Fire: How Silicon Valley, the Navy SEALs, and Maverick Scientists Are Revolutionizing the Way We Live and Work

• Steven Kotler, Jamie Wheal
    • Publisher: Dey Street Books
    • Edition no. 0 (05/08/2018)
    • Paperback: 304 pages
    $14.99 - $4.80 $10.19
    Buy on Amazon

The Art of Living and Dying

Rogan has mentioned this book a couple of times on his podcast, during episodes with both Tom Papa and Everlast.

Per Joe: “It’s a surprisingly profound and interesting read.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Art of Living and Dying

• The Art of Living and Dying
    • Osho
    • Publisher: Watkins
    • Edition no. 0 (06/04/2013)
    • Paperback: 272 pages
    $19.95 - $3.99 $15.96
    Buy on Amazon

The Talent Code

Rogan commented on this book during a 2018 podcast with Ari Shaffir.

“It’s an amazing book.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Talent Code: Greatness Isn't Born. It's Grown. Here's How.

• Bantam
    • Daniel Coyle
    • Publisher: Bantam
    • Edition no. 1 (04/28/2009)
    • Hardcover: 288 pages
    $26.00 - $7.33 $18.67
    Buy on Amazon

Outliers

Joe describeed Malcolm Gladwell’s book as “fucking great!” during a podcast with Joey Diaz.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Outliers: The Story of Success

• Back Bay Books
    • Malcolm Gladwell
    • Edition no. 0 (06/07/2011)
    • Paperback: 336 pages
    $16.99 - $7.10 $9.89
    Buy on Amazon

DMT: The Spirit Molecule

Teaser for the "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" Documentary. It should be out this Summer: http://bit.ly/9OSFAR

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) April 14, 2010

“Teaser for the “DMT: The Spirit Molecule” Documentary. It should be out this Summer.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    DMT: The Spirit Molecule: A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences

• Dmt: The Spirit Molecule : A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and...
    • Rick Strassman
    • Publisher: Park Street Press
    • Paperback: 358 pages
    $16.95 - $2.55 $14.40
    Buy on Amazon

The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross

@chrisveritas Read "The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross" by a religious scholar who deciphered the dead sea scrolls http://t.co/Ju4njfsQ

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) July 20, 2012

“Read “The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross” by a religious scholar who deciphered the dead sea scrolls.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Sacred Mushroom and The Cross: A study of the nature and origins of Christianity within the fertility cults of the ancient Near East

• Used Book in Good Condition
    • John M. Allegro
    • Publisher: Gnostic Media Research & Publishing
    • Edition no. 0 (11/12/2009)
    • Paperback: 416 pages
    $24.00 - $1.20 $22.80
    Buy on Amazon

Sapiens

“Really enjoying “Sapiens” by yuval_noah_harari It really puts in perspective how bizarre human beings are. It’s an awesome overview of our species.”

Really enjoying “Sapiens” by yuval_noah_harari It really puts in perspective how bizarre human beings are. It’s an awesome overview of our species. https://t.co/4qXXqNSWLM

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) December 25, 2018

“Really enjoying “Sapiens” by @yuval_noah_harari It really puts in perspective how bizarre human beings are. It’s an awesome overview of our species.
    Edit: I was reading this months ago but I got distracted with other books. That’s often the case with me. I think I’m gonna burn through this to the end before I pick up anything else though. It’s really good.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind

• New York Times Bestseller now available as a beautifully packaged paperback
    • A Summer Reading Pick for President Barack Obama, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg
    • From a renowned historian comes a groundbreaking narrative of humanity's creation and evolution-a #1...
    • One hundred thousand years ago, at least six different species of humans inhabited Earth. Yet today...
    • Yuval Noah Harari
    $22.99 - $8.75 $14.24
    Buy on Amazon

Sex At Dawn

.@ChrisRyanPhD Dude, Sex At Dawn is incredible. I'm reading it right now. We've got to sit down and do a podcast together.

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) December 6, 2012

“Dude, Sex At Dawn is incredible. I’m reading it right now. We’ve got to sit down and do a podcast together.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Sex at Dawn: How We Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships

• Sex at Dawn How We Mate Why We Stray and What It Means for Modern Relationships
    • Christopher Ryan, Cacilda Jetha
    • Publisher: Harper Perennial
    • Edition no. 0 (07/05/2011)
    • Paperback: 432 pages
    $16.99 - $5.44 $11.55
    Buy on Amazon

Magicians of the Gods

Graham Hancock’s books come up a lot on Joe’s podcast. Hancock himself is a good friend.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Magicians of the Gods: Updated and Expanded Edition - Sequel to the International Bestseller Fingerprints of the Gods

• St Martin s Griffin
    • Graham Hancock
    • Publisher: A Thomas Dunne Book for St. Martin's Griffin
    • Edition no. 0 (01/31/2017)
    • Paperback: 608 pages
    $18.99 - $6.76 $12.23
    Buy on Amazon

The Bhagavad Gita

The Bhagavad Gita has been mentioned quite a few times on Rogan’s podcast, most recently on an episode with Cro-Mags lead singer John Joseph.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Bhagavad Gita, 2nd Edition

• Nilgiri Press
    • Eknath Easwaran
    • Publisher: Nilgiri Press
    • Edition no. 2 (05/17/2007)
    • Paperback: 296 pages
    $10.95 - $3.95 $7.00
    Buy on Amazon

The Hero’s Journey

This awesome book has come up a lot on Joe’s podcast. Rogan even has his own take on this:

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Hero's Journey: Joseph Campbell on His Life and Work (The Collected Works of Joseph Campbell)

• New World Library
    • Joseph Campbell
    • Publisher: New World Library
    • Edition no. 0 (03/11/2014)
    • Paperback: 336 pages
    $19.95 - $10.43 $9.52
    Buy on Amazon

Guns, Germs and Steel

@wongsk35 That's a GREAT suggestion. Guns Germs and Steel is an amazing book.
    Thanks for the idea!

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) March 7, 2014

“That’s a GREAT suggestion. Guns Germs and Steel is an amazing book. Thanks for the idea!”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies

• NORTON
    • Jared Diamond Ph.D.
    • Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company
    • Edition no. 1 (03/07/2017)
    • Paperback: 528 pages
    $18.95 - $3.42 $15.53
    Buy on Amazon

The Game

“This book is interesting, and from a certain standpoint hilarious. If you listen to Joe Rogan, you have probably heard him mention it…and it is one of my favorites from the list of books that he has mentioned in the podcasts I have listened to.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists

• Imitation Leather: 452 pages
    • Publisher: It Books; 1 edition (September 6, 2005)
    • Language: English
    • ISBN-10: 0060554738 ,ISBN-13: 978-0060554736
    • Neil Strauss
    $39.99 - $17.78 $22.21
    Buy on Amazon

The Primal Blueprint

It's @Mark_Sisson's primal blueprint diet. I'm one month in and feeling great. I think I'm eating like this forever https://t.co/mN7pUEfGea

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) March 3, 2016

“It’s @Mark_Sisson‘s primal blueprint diet. I’m one month in and feeling great. I think I’m eating like this forever.”

[​IMG]
    The New Primal Blueprint: Reprogram Your Genes for Effortless Weight Loss, Vibrant Health and Boundless Energy

• The New Primal Blueprint Reprogram Your Genes for Effortless Weight Loss Vibrant Health and...
    • Mark Sisson
    • Publisher: Primal Nutrition, Inc.
    • Edition no. 0 (11/15/2016)
    • Hardcover: 568 pages
    $34.95
    Buy on Amazon

12 Rules for Life

Jordan Peterson is a regular on Joe’s podcast and his most recent book has been referenced lots of times.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos

• What does everyone in the modern world need to know? Renowned psychologist Jordan B. Peterson's...
    • Humorous, surprising and informative, Dr. Peterson tells us why skateboarding boys and girls must be...
    • Jordan B. Peterson
    • Publisher: Random House Canada
    • Edition no. 0 (01/23/2018)
    $25.95 - $10.38 $15.57
    Buy on Amazon

Man’s Search For Meaning

Viktor Frankl’s memoir is inspirational and a mainstay in many people’s Top Books of All Time lists. The book has been brought up quite often on Joe Rogan’s podcast.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Man's Search for Meaning

• Clean, no spine creases.
    • Viktor E. Frankl
    • Publisher: Beacon Press
    • Edition no. 1 (06/01/2006)
    • Paperback: 184 pages
    $10.99 - $1.10 $9.89
    Buy on Amazon

War is a Racket

“Having listen to Joe Rogan’s podcast I heard him recommend this book. I usually try to stick to his recommendations because in the past I’ve really enjoyed them. This book was no different. The author did a great job of keeping the reader engaged and I didn’t want to put it down. I highly recommend this book. I’m so glad I heard about it on the Joe Rogan podcast.”

[​IMG]
    War is a Racket: The Antiwar Classic by America's Most Decorated Soldier

• Smedley Darlington Butler
    • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
    • Paperback: 58 pages
    $3.79
    Buy on Amazon

You Are Being Lied To

A book popular with conspiracy theorists, Joe has mentioned it a lot on his podcast.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    You Are Being Lied To: The Disinformation Guide to Media Distortion, Historical Whitewashes and Cultural Myths

• Used Book in Good Condition
    • Russ Kick
    • Publisher: Disinformation Books
    • Paperback: 350 pages
    $24.95 - $23.41 $1.54
    Buy on Amazon

Born to Run

Christopher McDougall’s book has been brought up on Joe’s podcast by a number of guests.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen

• Born To Run
    • Fitness
    • Christopher Mcdougall
    • Christopher McDougall
    $16.00 - $3.81 $12.19
    Buy on Amazon

A Short History of Nearly Everything

Bill Bryson’s book is another that’s been mentioned a few times on Rogan’s podcast. A Short History of Nearly Everything is a popular science book chronicling events from the nothingness before the Big Bang to the present.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    A Short History of Nearly Everything

• Broadway Books
    • Bill Bryson
    • Publisher: Broadway Books
    • Edition no. 1 (09/14/2004)
    • Paperback: 544 pages
    $18.00 - $8.01 $9.99
    Buy on Amazon

The Power of Now

Jimmy Dore and a number of guests have mentioned this book on Rogan’s podcast.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

• The Power Of Now: A Guide To Spiritual Enlightenment
    • Eckhart Tolle
    • Publisher: Namaste Publishing
    • Paperback: 236 pages
    $16.00 - $6.51 $9.49
    Buy on Amazon

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking

Malcolm Gladwell’s book has been recommeded by Bryan Callen a number of times on Joe’s podcast.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking

• Great book!
    • Malcolm Gladwell
    • Edition no. 1 (04/03/2007)
    • Paperback: 296 pages
    $17.00 - $5.60 $11.40
    Buy on Amazon

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

"Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the… https://t.co/9rPwTvkvtZ

— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) November 25, 2015

“”Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men’s reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of ‘the rat race’ is not yet final.” – Hunter S Thompson.
    There’s a lot of people I wish I met while they were still alive, but if I had to choose one it would be him.”

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

• Vintage
    • Hunter S. Thompson
    • Edition no. 2 (05/12/1998)
    • Paperback: 204 pages
    $15.00 - $8.13 $6.87
    Buy on Amazon

Maps of Meaning

Maps of Meaning is another book by regular podcast guest Jordan Peterson.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief

• Jordan B. Peterson
    • Publisher: Routledge
    • Edition no. 1 (03/26/1999)
    • Paperback: 564 pages
    $76.95 - $55.97 $20.98
    Buy on Amazon

How to Change Your Mind

This self development book has been mentioned by a few of Rogan’s guests on the podcast.

Sale
    [​IMG]
    How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence

• Michael Pollan
    • Publisher: Penguin Press
    • Hardcover: 480 pages
    $28.00 - $8.96 $19.04
    Buy on Amazon

Joe Rogan Books – Wrapping Up

We hope you’ve found this article fill of Joe Rogan book recommendations helpful. There are some absolutely fantastic and life-changing books here and we hope you make some quality purchasing decisions.

Have you read a book that Joe Rogan has recommended? Let us know in the comments just below here.

The post Joe Rogan Book Recommendations: 40 Books Joe Liked appeared first on Filmmaking Lifestyle.