Filmmaking The Best of Filmmaking & Video Production April 2018

Thảo luận trong 'ENGLISH' bắt đầu bởi Matt, 24/5/18.

Lượt xem: 392

1. Matt

Matt Guest

This is the 31st instalment of this feature here on Filmmaking Lifestyle, where we chart the best-of-the-best from around the filmmaking and video production world. This article covers the best posts from April 2018.

Every month, I post a round-up article featuring the best things I’ve found around the web on filmmaking and video production. If you missed one, we have a complete archive here.

We’re talking articles, videos, infographics, all sorts. Anything that stands out to me and that I think is worth keeping in an archive, I’m going to include in these reports.

I post these articles at the end of each month, along with all the regular posts you get on Filmmaking Lifestyle.

The Best Posts Of April 2018

Howdy.

It’s me again.

Yes, here to breakdown the best filmmaking & video production articles and content from around the web.

April has come and gone, and it’s been another really busy month of growth for the site. Great to see more new faces around the site, in the comments and on social media. And I’ve been really happy to add a couple of new people to the Coaching Program last month.

Don’t forget that you can still jump in and get a running start on beginning your Video Production Business using my Video Production Fast Forward course.

Let’s get into the best from around the web this month!
    [​IMG]

Filmmaking & Video Production

Here’s an amazing guide to Getting on Netflix as an Indie Filmmaker. From the writer: “I compiled every resource I could find and culled the best of them, then categorized them into chapters. Hope it adds MASSIVE value to you!”

This is cool: 100 Years of Film History Retold with the Best Shot in Each Year.

You may be surprised, but at Cannes, Christopher Nolan said that he “couldn’t get into film school.”

Someone’s approaching bands and recording artists and asking them for copyright free music, then sharing with us all. Pretty helpful.

Great tutorial here – Making Documentaries: Step-By-Step: How To Make a Documentary.

Speaking of documentary, here’s an awesome new Travel Filmmaking YouTube channel from a National Geographic award-winning filmmaker:

So what did we have on Filmmaking Lifestyle this month? It was a hectic and busy month for Filmmaking Lifestyle with 9 new articles posted. This made the month one of our busiest ever!

We started out the month with an article on Client Review & Approval Workflow.

Next up, we had articles on short film ideas and using music in film.

Following that, we had articles on how to earn money making stock footage and a piece on film investment.

Next up was one of our biggest articles in a while and it was about wedding videography gear. We called it the Complete Guide to Wedding Videography Gear and it’s a detailed read!

We rounded out the month three more articles on the best tripods for DSLR, making a low budget feature film and iPhone filmmaking.

Software, Hardware & Visual Effects

140 year old lens on a RED camera? Here you go:

Here’s a quick tutorial on converting a Lightroom preset into a LUT:

Picture of the Month

This month’s Picture of the Month is a a funny one from Reddit user /Sourcecode12. Here’s how to stabilize a $40k camera using $3 of duct tape!

[​IMG]

Video of the Month

For this month’s Video of the Month we have a really useful tutorial:

Anything else you’ve found in the filmmaking / video production world online? Let us know in the comments below!

Catch you soon!

The post The Best of Filmmaking & Video Production April 2018 appeared first on Filmmaking Lifestyle.