Blackmagic Design Announces Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR

Thảo luận trong 'ENGLISH' bắt đầu bởi Jeff Loch, 6/6/19.

Lượt xem: 473

1. Jeff Loch

Jeff Loch Guest

A few days after the announcement of the Apple Mac Pro and Pro Display XDR, Blackmagic announced the new Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR. This new Teranex Mini monitoring solution is compatible with the Apple Pro Display XDR and can transform any monitor into an accurate professional reference monitor. Let’s take a closer look.

Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR Features

The Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR is a little additional box that is used for 8K DisplayPort monitoring. It features several professional tools such as dual on-screen scope overlays, HDR compatibility, the possibility to display 33 points 3D LUTs and monitor calibration tools. The dual on-screen scopes can be switched between WFM, Vectorscope, RGB and YUV Parade, and Histogram.

But, the Apple Pro Display XDR is only 6K, right? Yes, if you don’t have an 8K display, you can still use the Teranex Mini SDI to HDMI 8K HDR, though. There is a built-in scaler that will ensure the video input standard is scaled to the native resolution of the connected DisplayPort monitor.

[​IMG]

The front panel is quite cool looking. It includes a USB port on the left to connect a calibration probe of your choice. At the moment, it supports the SpectraCal C6, X-Rite i1 Display Pro and the Klein K10-A probes. This is useful to precisely calibrate the monitor you are working on, without having to play with CalMan or other third-party software.

In the middle, there are six buttons to quickly control the Teranex Mini and navigate within the menus with the clickable wheel on the right. Those physical controls are an excellent addition if you have quick adjustments to make and don’t want to launch the included utility software (Mac and Windows compatible).

Finally, there is a color screen that displays the input video, the video settings, and an audiometer.

[​IMG]

The rear of the Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR features Quad Link 12G-SDI input. They are compatible with HD, Ultra HD and 8K signals. You can even loop out the input signal.

Once your signal is in, there are 2 DisplayPort connectors – a full-size and a USB-C style DisplayPort – for connection to your monitor.

There is an Ethernet port to control the unit. Plus, if you need a stereo out, there are two RCA connectors.

[​IMG]

HDR Workflow and Formats

As its name suggests, the Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR has everything you need for the latest HDR workflows. If your DisplayPort monitor is HDR compatible, it will allow for HDR SDI monitoring. Many HDR standards are supported, including ST2108-1, ST2084, and ST425 standards. Of course, if you are not working with HDR colorspaces, it supports Rec.2020 and Rec.709 colorspaces, as well as 100% of the DCI-P3 format.

In terms of formats, the Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR supports every HD, Ultra HD and 8K standards. In 720p resolution, you get support for 50p, 59.94p up to 60p. For 1080i formats, you get 50i, 59.94i up to 60i.

For 1080p, 1080PsF, 2160p, 2K and 4K DCI film formats you get support from 23.98 to 60 fps. Finally, for 8K formats, you get support from 23.98 up to 59.94p.

[​IMG]

Pricing and Availability

The Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR will be available in October this year. It will retail for $1,295. Another Teranex non-HDR version will also be available for the same price.

What do you think of this new Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR? Do you consider buying it next to an Apple Pro Display XDR? Let us know in the comments!

The post Blackmagic Design Announces Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR appeared first on cinema5D.