PolarPro LiteChaser Pro – the Ultimate iPhone Case for Videographers?

Thảo luận trong 'ENGLISH' bắt đầu bởi Richard Lackey, 19/2/20.

Lượt xem: 621

1. [​IMG]

Filter systems for smartphone videography are a must have accessory. The PolarPro LiteChaser Pro is an innovative new solution.

Smartphone videographers are increasingly doing everything possible to take the digital smartphone edge off their video. One thing that can make a world of difference is to use an ND filter to limit the amount of light entering the camera lens. This allows you to drop the shutter speed from a few thousandths of a second to something slow enough to capture some motion blur.

The PolarPro LiteChaser Pro Case and Filter System

PolarPro believe the new LiteChaser Pro case and filter system for the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max may be the ultimate iPhone case and filter combination for videographers. Designed from the ground up to be lightweight and rugged, the case features an aluminum filter mount and reinforced frame. The case features an integrated rail system to attach the hand grip in any position along the length of the case.

[​IMG]

The hand grip feels solid and mounts to the rail system on the case with a clever sprung clamp mechanism. Once mounted in place, it’s not going anywhere. The grip features a top and bottom 1/4-20 thread mounting point.

PolarPro LiteChaser Pro Filters

A number of filters are available for the PolarPro LiteChaser Pro, and the filters cover all of the camera lenses simultaneously. I’ve only been able to test the circular polarizer so far. However, PolarPro are known for their optical quality and I have little doubt the ND filters will live up to the PolarPro reputation. I use both the PolarPro Iris filter system and the PolarPro Peter McKinnon Edition Variable ND filters and love the performance of them all.

• ND8 (2-Stop) & ND64 (8-Stop)
    • Variable ND (3-5 Stop)
    • Circular Polarizer

Two fixed ND filters cover both overcast light conditions and bright sunlight. These are ND8 (3-stops) and an ND64 (8-stops), although I often find myself using 9-stops with either the PolarPro Iris or the PM Edition VND in very bright sun.

The 3-5 stop variable ND offers laser etched markings indicating stop numbers, which is very useful, and one of my favorite features of the larger PolarPro VND’s. The limited range reduces the effects of cross polarization.

The circular polarizer helps reduce glare and capture deeper colors. The polarization angle is adjustable by rotating the filter. It works well and is a high quality filter, however it’s not possible to combine the CPL with either of the fixed ND filters.

Pros

• Lightweight
    • Easy to use
    • High quality filters
    • Removable grip
    • Well engineered
    Cons

• Proprietary filter mount
    • Filter can be difficult to mount
    • Not able to stack filters (use CPL and ND for example)
    Professional Quality Filters for Your iPhone

It’s taken a while for filter solutions to come to market for the iPhone 11 models. Now there are a few options. If you’re looking for a lightweight, simple to use, rugged case and dedicated filter system for your iPhone 11, 11 Pro, or 11 Pro Max, and you don’t have existing circular threaded photographic filters, the PolarPro LiteChaser is an excellent option. It is however proprietary and not compatible with any lenses, other cases, or any other filters. However, it might be all you need.

Are you looking for a filter solution for your iPhone 11, 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max? How does the PolarPro LiteChaser Pro look to you? Let us know what you think in the comments.

The post PolarPro LiteChaser Pro – the Ultimate iPhone Case for Videographers? appeared first on cinema5D.