Filmmaking The Best of Filmmaking & Video Production September 2018

Thảo luận trong 'ENGLISH' bắt đầu bởi Matt, 13/10/18.

Lượt xem: 445

1. Matt

Matt Guest

This is the 36th instalment of this feature here on Filmmaking Lifestyle, where we chart the best-of-the-best from around the filmmaking and video production world. This article covers the best posts from September 2018.

Every month, I post a round-up article featuring the best things I’ve found around the web on filmmaking and video production. If you missed one, we have a complete archive here.

We’re talking articles, videos, infographics, all sorts. Anything that stands out to me and that I think is worth keeping in an archive, I’m going to include in these reports.

I post these articles at the end of each month, along with all the regular posts you get on Filmmaking Lifestyle.

The Best Posts Of September 2018

Howdy!

Couple of personal things this month. Firstly, pleased to announce that my wife and I are having a child (our first) early next year! Very excited! It’s going to be a fantastic journey and one I can’t wait to start!

Site wise, we recently published the 350th post on the site. To get this large is truly amazing and I’m super grateful for the readership that has largely contributed to this landmark. After all, without the readership I most likely wouldn’t have stayed working on the site this long.

It’s all onwards and upwards from here. We have a tonne of great new content planned and that’ll be rolling out over the next few months.

If you have been paying attention, you’ll notice that this year we’ve moved to publishing 2 posts a week (up from the one previously). As well as the usual Monday post every week, we’ve also been posting an article every Thursday, too. This will continue as we grow the site onwards.

Let’s get started and jump into the best from around the web this month!
    [​IMG]

Filmmaking & Video Production

Here’s a good one, entitled, “Everything I Learned at Film School in 3 Minutes:”

Here are 5 Simple Cinematography Hacks in 60 Seconds:

Interesting article on Denis Villeneuve and why you need bad ideas.

Here’s a good article that asks, “What does Cinematic even mean now?”

How Benicio Del Toro Uses Sign Language in ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ from Anatomy of a Scene:

So what did we have on Filmmaking Lifestyle this month? Let’s take a look!

We started out with an article on set etiquette. From there, we featured an article on the best DSLR stabilizers.

Next up we had articles on finding drone videography services, the best 4K cameras and how to make a Vimeo Staff Pick short film.

Then we had a couple of articles on the best mics for YouTube and getting ideas for short films.

Rounding out the month, we had an article on the Best Steadicam for DSLR.

Software, Hardware & Visual Effects

Let’s start this section off this month with a solid tutorial on How to Film Underwater with any Camera:

Nws that Blackmagic Design announces Advanced New Blackmagic RAW Codec.

Here’s a solid tutorial on How to Shoot an Interview:

Picture of the Month

This month’s Picture of the Month is pretty cool. Here are Akira Kurosawa’s storyboards side-by-side with the eventually scenes from the film:

[​IMG]

Video of the Month

This month’s Video of the Month features 3 Easy Camera Movements for Cinematic Footage:

Anything else you’ve found in the filmmaking / video production world online? Let us know in the comments below!

Catch you soon!

The post The Best of Filmmaking & Video Production September 2018 appeared first on Filmmaking Lifestyle.