Cinematoraphy NAB 2019: Nikkor Z 58mm f/0.95, The fastest lens in Nikon’s History

Thảo luận trong 'ENGLISH' bắt đầu bởi Brian Hallett, 17/4/19.

Lượt xem: 495

1. One could touch it. You could even look through the camera to see how the lens performed. But, at NAB 2019, you could not take a picture with the camera mounted to the Nikkor 58mm f/0.95. I say “camera mounted to the lens,” because the Nikon Z6 attached to the 58mm f/0.95 looked… well… small in comparison. What PVC saw at NAB 2019 was the sharpest f/0.95 aperture lens we’ve ever seen. What is the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct? It is an evolution based around Nikon’s new Z-mount, the fastest lens in Nikon’s history, and positioned at the very top of the S-Line. It will stand to symbolize the Nikon Z mount system’s new dimension in optical performance. I also believe we may have been given a glimpse into Nikon’s first cinema lens.

“That mount is actually capable of even wider apertures than that”

Large aperture. Close to 300 degrees of movement for the focus ring. I think Nikon may be secretly showing off a future cinema lens. This, of course, is only speculation on my part. It is also something I personally would like to see happen. With the Nikkor 58mm f/0.95 we have a cinema “like” lens capable of rivaling most similarly priced cinema lenses. Something interesting Nikon has done with the Nikkor 58mm f/0.95 is what looks like the iris ring in the lens is actually a function ring. It can act as an aperture or you can change its function to change the camera’s ISO which is just one example. This is the type of forward-thinking I like to see in a lens. We should not be beholden to classic cinema lens design if we have better options. Hopefully, we will see a Nikkor cinema lens line-up with all f/0.95 apertures. For those who are about to comment that this lens is huge… compared to a 50mm f1.2, yes you are correct. Compared to a Cooke cinema lens, it is in the same size range. Below is what Nikon says about the Nikkor 58mm F/0.95.

[​IMG]

It has inherited the design concept behind the original AI Noct-NIKKOR 58mm f/1.2, a standard prime lens released in 1977, named for “Nocturne” (a musical composition inspired by or evocative of the night), and was popular for its ability to finely reproduce point light sources as point images. This new Noct lens that is currently in development will take advantage of the advanced design flexibility afforded by the Z mount, pursuing ultimate optical performance. Development continues with the goals of achieving an extremely fast maximum aperture of f/0.95, offering the ultimate in NIKKOR rendering performance with superior detail and sharpness. Additionally, the goal is to achieve beautiful blur characteristics, or bokeh, with good continuity, and ensure outstanding point-image reproduction capabilities for more compelling, three-dimensional imaging.

[​IMG]

Nikon is proud to announce the development of the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct, a one-of-a-kind manual focus lens with the largest maximum aperture of any NIKKOR ever: f/0.95. Made possible by innovations of the new Z mount, it will deliver thrilling new capabilities for the Z series mirrorless system—vast depth-of-field control and elaborate bokeh for portraiture, superb point-image reproduction and low-light performance for night landscapes and astrophotography—all in an immaculately constructed lens with precision feel and brilliant operability.

About Nikon

Nikon Inc. is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo and video capture technologies; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning array of equipment that enable visual storytelling and content creation. In 2017, Nikon celebrated a legacy of innovation with its 100-year anniversary celebration. Nikon Inc. distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories, Nikon COOLPIX® compact digital cameras and Nikon software products. Nikon Corporation, the parent company of Nikon Inc., announced the production of 100 million NIKKOR lenses, creating a new milestone in Nikon’s heritage of superior optics. For more information, dial (800) NIKON-US or visit www.nikonusa.com, which links all levels of photographers and visual storytellers to the Web’s most comprehensive learning and sharing communities. Connect with Nikon on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, Flickr and Snapchat (@NikonUSASnap).

The post NAB 2019: Nikkor Z 58mm f/0.95, The fastest lens in Nikon’s History appeared first on ProVideo Coalition.