Canon will Release a New Cinema EOS Camera on Jan 19th

Thảo luận trong 'ENGLISH' bắt đầu bởi Olaf von Voss, 11/1/22.

Lượt xem: 230

1. We’ve just received word from our trusted partner B&H that Canon will be holding a “big announcement” on January 19. And if you look closely, you can also spot the iconic Cinema EOS C symbol in the press image. So what is going to be in store?

Disclaimer: we here at CineD follow a strict no-rumors policy. So I’m not going to tell you anything I don’t know for sure and that is not officially and freely available.

With that out of the way, There is some information that -although not part of an official press release- is freely available on Canon’s UK website that I would like to share with you (in case you have no clue what this announcement might be about).

Canon Cinema EOS

Canon launched its first Cinema EOS C camera in 2011, and it was the C300, a camera that I personally shot many projects with! New and improved models followed constantly, including the iconic 1D C in 2012, the C700 in 2016 and the latest Canon C70 in 2020.

Canon even released a video celebrating 10 years of Cinema EOS cameras:

So you’re wondering what’s going to happen on January 19? Well, according to the B&H newsletter we received, as well as the Canon UK website, Canon will be making a “big announcement” that day, and it will have something to do with, you guessed it, the Cinema EOS range.

In preparation for this article, I headed over to Canon UK’s website to 1) read the announcement and 2) grab the accompanying promotional image from their website. But when I clicked on “open image in new tab”, I found that the actual URL was as follows: https://i1.adis.ws/i/canon/EOS_R5C_Teaser-01-ProNews.jpg

I think Canon -perhaps accidentally- has put their own cards on the table here. Whatever the upcoming EOS R5 C will have in store, you can count me very excited! Maybe this release will come close to being my dream camera for 2022 (read my opinion piece here), who knows?!

[​IMG]
    Canon’s marketing image (bit low in resolution, unfortunately). Credit: Canon UK

Since the Canon EOS R5 (read our Lab Test | Review here) is already a pretty capable camera (yet not without flaws), I would expect a much more refined model here with dedicated video features and active cooling.

That’s it for now, stay tuned for the official Jan 19th announcement which will take place at 7:00 AM (EST) / 12:00 PM (GMT) on Canon’s YouTube Channel.

Links: Canon UK

What features would you like to see on this upcoming camera? Share your thoughts and experiences with the Cinema EOS line in the comments below!

The post Canon will Release a New Cinema EOS Camera on Jan 19th appeared first on CineD.