Moment Rugged Camera Sling – 6L and 10L Bags Available

Thảo luận trong 'ENGLISH' bắt đầu bởi Olaf von Voss, 19/5/20.

Lượt xem: 618

1. The best camera is the one you have with you, they say. That’s all well and good, but if you end up snapping shots with your phone most of the time, it might be time to get a better bag for the job. Seattle-based Moment, known for its fine lenses and filters, is venturing into new waters with the launch of two new sling bags, the Moment Rugged Sling, available in both 6L and 10L.

[​IMG]
    image credit: Moment

Another bag in a (very) saturated market full of bags? Well, if you’re like me you’ve yet to find the perfect one for your gear, preferences, lifestyle… you name it. This new Moment Rugged Camera Sling seems to be a decent choice: Quality materials, a carefully thought-through design, a less-is-more approach to aesthetics. They already make a small sling bag called the Moment Fanny Sling, but these two new arrivals are more aimed at camera enthusiasts. They simply offer more space for your beloved gear.

[​IMG]

Moment Rugged Camera Sling Bag

This bag comes in two sizes to choose from: A 10L version and a smaller 6L version. If you’re a digital native, you’ll be glad to hear that both will fit one of these new iPad Pro 11″ with an attached Apple Pencil or a 13″ laptop. However, is just a tad bit too wide for the 10L and especially way too big for the 6L bag.

Both models are made of quality fabrics sourced from North Sails, a well-reputed sailmaker, and the fabrics used here are actually made from 100% recycled polyester fiber and film. Furthermore, water-resistant YKK zippers, heavy duty webbing, and shockproof padding are being used. Weatherproof: check! No need for a rain fly.

Since this is a sling bag, the key feature is easy access without having to put the bag down. You can wear it on either shoulder and the inner compartment can be organized to your liking. It comes with 2 adjustable dividers. One big compartment? Sure! Three smaller ones? Of course!

[​IMG]

One question remains: which bag to choose.. 10L or 6L? Read on for full specs on both models.

Moment Rugged Camera Sling – Tech Specs

First up, let’s look at the 10L model:

• Best For: DSLR with two lenses. Mavic drones. Filmmaker gear.
    • Capacity: 10L
    • Tablet Carry: iPad Pro 11”
    • Dimensions: 14.5 x 8.25 x 5.5” (37 x 21 x 14cm)
    • Weight: 1 lb. 12 oz. (790g)
    • Shoulder Pad Dimensions: 3” (7.6cm) wide and 14.8” (37.6cm) long
    • Shoulder Strap Dimensions: 52” (132cm) length adjustable to 16” (40.6cm)
    [​IMG]

Next, the smaller 6L sling bag:

• Best For: Mirrorless and additional lenses. Small drones.
    • Capacity: 6L
    • Tablet Carry: iPad Pro 11”
    • Dimensions: 13 x 7.5 x 4.5” (33 x 19 x 11.5cm)
    • Weight: 1 lb. 6 oz. (622g)
    • Shoulder Pad Dimensions: 2.5” (6.3 cm) width, 14.8” (37.6 cm) length
    • Shoulder Strap Dimensions: 52” (132cm) length adjustable to 16” (40.6cm)
    [​IMG]

And finally a bit more details about the outer fabric used for making these bags. It’s called NORTHPAK and since it’s made from recycled materials, Moment claims that it’s more pro-environmental than most fabrics used to produce such bags:

• CO2 emissions from manufacturing recycled PET fiber are
      • comparable to the production of organic cotton
      • 50% lower than the production of virgin nylon
      • 38% lower than the production of virgin PET film
    • Every yard of NORTHPAK fabric saves approximately one pound of CO2 versus virgin-source Nylon/polyester fabric
    • NORTHPAK contains no harmful PU, TPU, PVC, DWR or other coatings, inside or out
    [​IMG]

Since you don’t really need a rain fly in order to weatherproof one of these Moment sling bags, this seems like a win-win to me. Pro-environmental plus more practical for everyday use. Well done!

Pricing and Availability

Both models of the Moment Rugged Camera Sling are available for pre-order through Moment’s own website. They actually come at a reduced price at launch: The small (6L) bag clocks in at $89.99 ($99 regular) while the bigger 10L version is $129.99 at launch ($149 regular). Both versions should start shipping around June 8th.

[​IMG]

Of course, these new bags take aim at Peak Design’s offerings: Their line of Everyday Sling bags sport the same capacity (and even a smaller 3L version), same pricing, similar versatility. So we’re witnessing some competition here. I’d say that’s good for us, filmmakers. As I stated earlier in this article: I have yet to find the perfect bag for me but now I’ve got one more (very promising) product to choose from.

Links: Website

What do you think? Might this new line of bags something you’d consider for everyday use? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

The post Moment Rugged Camera Sling – 6L and 10L Bags Available appeared first on cinema5D.