Rosco DMG DASH Announced – Compact LED Light with MIX Technology

Thảo luận trong 'ENGLISH' bắt đầu bởi Jeff Loch, 26/2/21.

Lượt xem: 365

1. Jeff Loch

Jeff Loch Guest

Rosco, the lighting gel manufacturer that acquired French company DMG Lumières in 2017, has just released a new compact LED fixture: the Rosco DMG DASH. This fixture features the same six-chip LED set as its bigger brothers, the Rosco MIX and MAXI MIX, but comes in a smaller form factor. Let’s take a closer look!

If you never heard or had the chance to play with the DMG Lumière SL1, the MIX that we covered here, and more recently the MAXI MIX, these state of the art LED lights are some of my personal favorite fixtures ever (and I don’t say that because they’re from my hometown).

With a very compact and slim form factor, these powerful fixtures create beautiful soft lights that I would qualify as “creamier” than a 4″ 4Bank Kinoflo. Anyway, since Rosco purchased DMG Lumière in 2017, the company released the MIXBOOK and MAXI MIX, but not many new lighting instruments. But today Rosco launched the DMG DASH; a compact LED light that fills a gap in their lineup of high-quality fixtures.

[​IMG]
    Image credit: Rosco
    Rosco DMG DASH – Features

The Rosco DMG DASH is a 5 x 3.1 x 1.1 inch light. On the inside, it uses Rosco’s own six-chip LED set, the same as the ones in Rosco’s MIX lights. In short, it means that it can create over 130 True Rosco ColorTM gel matches and light output.

The Rosco DMG DASH has a maximum output of 380 Lux at 1 meter in Boost Mode. In terms of photometrics, the company claims a high 95+ CRI and 90+ TLCI. The light has several modes, including Gel, White, Color, Effects, and Source Match.

[​IMG]
    External design

The Rosco DMG DASH is made out of solid aluminum alloy housing, and it’s weatherproof. There are two 1/4″-20 mounting points on the back and top of the fixture so that you can attach it to a light stand or magic arm. The DMG DASH comes with a light stand mount and a magnet mount for more creativity and sticks it where you want.

[​IMG]

There’s a big red knob on the right to adjust your settings and control the light. At the back of the fixture, you’ll find a small screen with all your basic information, as well as an On/Off switch, a menu button, and a lock button. But, like every modern LED light, you can control it via Bluetooth using the myMIX app.

[​IMG]
    Rosco DMG DASH – Accessories

As I mentioned, the light comes with a light stand mount and magnet mount, but Rosco also gives you a complete set of magnetized beam shaping accessories. This includes a flat diffuser panel, dome diffuser, egg-crate, and a gel holder for additional Rosco gel or diffusion. Also, everything ships inside a durable carrying case.

[​IMG]

As an optional accessory, you can get yourself the DMG DOT for the Rosco DMG DASH. This is a silicone half globe diffuser that envelopes the entire light and creates a round light.

[​IMG]
    Single kit on the left, quad kit on the right. Image credit: Rosco
    Price and Availability

The Rosco DMG DASH should start shipping in Spring 2021 for $279/€239. A Quad Kit that includes four complete pocket kits, a carrying case, and a LINK accessory to configure and mount the four lights together will also be available for $1250 USD/€1099.

What do you think about the Rosco DMG DASH? Did you already try the SL1/MIX/MAXI MIX fixtures on a project? Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below!

The post Rosco DMG DASH Announced – Compact LED Light with MIX Technology appeared first on CineD.